Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Depression from Pain

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be in pain all the time.  How much energy would it take from me.  How would I be able to concentrate?  Would I be able to sleep at night.  What about all the things I want to do, the dreams I wanted to fill?  How would my children deal with a dad that can't play with them?

These questions haunt me as I care for some of my own patients who deal with chronic pain.  Whether it is Fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, arthritis, or otherwise, I don't know how I would feel normal.  In fact, I would be depressed.  I see depressive symptoms in my chronic pain patients, and the treatment of depression is very important.  Keep an open mind, if you have some pain that is keeping you from doing things you enjoy, go see a doctor right away, we may be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment