Saturday, April 16, 2016

Making a Bucket List

I am going to start knocking things off my bucket list.  Foreign travel is high on the list of desires, and going to Italy as Team USA physician at the Tricolore Games in Italy started it all. 

I do want to hunt grouse, get a tailored suit on Savile Row, climb the Matterhorn, like every other man in the world, but I really need to get moving.

I am taking life by the horns right now.  The divorce knocked some reality into me, a real sense of mortality tested my soul.  Death is just as natural as life, and having been around it in the emergency room knocks some proverbial wherewithal into my life.

Life is short and can end quickly anytime, anywhere.  Carpe Diem, seize the day.  Kiss the girl, make love in the rain.  Ride my horse on a beach.  Ride my motorcycle to Sturgis.

Act in a play, sing in a show, dance on a stage, and smile all the while.  When can you perform?  Doing the French Taunter during Spamalot was the funnest time for me.  Dance with my daughter in a talent show.

Dress yourself up, ignore fashion code, learn an instrument, read the Bible.  Be true to yourself.

Going to China and Spain this year makes me very happy, and it is about damn time.  I am 40 years old, and I want to see the world.  Now it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment